Friday, August 24, 2007

Homeless Pipe Band


As it turns out, the band is being forced to find a new weekly practice location. Until now, they've been practicing in an unused building on the campus of University of Connecticut at Avery Point. An absolutely gorgeous setting for a walk or picnic, let alone play the bagpipes. Have a look for yourself...



Finding a new home for a bagpipe band is not as easy as it seems. First, you need a place that can hold 20-30 people, a separate room(s) for the drummers, and it has to be noise tolerant. Most importantly, drinking beer must be allowed. After all, this is a Scottish pipe band. Oh well, I'm sure with so many dedicated and enthusiastic people in the band, it will all work out. I just hope it's not any farther away from my house because currently it takes me an hour to drive to Avery Point. You think my wife will let me invite the band to our crib?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's CRazy...!

Anonymous said...

No EFFIN Way!!!!

Brian said...

Well maybe my next wife will let me have the band over.

Anonymous said...

Good words.